Spangrud and associates

Grant writing services

Frequently Asked Questions

What services does Spangrud & Associates provide?

 We provide grant and business development services. We consult with clients to determine their needs. We research funding sources and match the needs of the client with a funding source or sources. We compose letters of intent, draft proposals including goals and objectives, compose the evaluation plan, and develop the budget.  We also assist our clients in developing plans for their organization's future which is very important when seeking funding. Tying the requested funding to a long term goal shows the funding organization that the proposal has real objectives that extend beyond the scope of the request.

Will Spangrud & Associates work on contingency or for a percentage of the grant?

We do not work on contingency or for a percentage of the grant. Organizations that certify grant writers, grant seekers or fund raising professional consider it highly unethical to work on contingency or for a percentage of the grant. We will provide our clients with a well written proposal or letter of intent which can be adapted to meet the funding guidelines of various funding organizations. 

Can Spangrud & Associates guarantee our organization will be funded?

No, in the grant writing business there are no guarantees. We do guarantee to meet deadlines and submit a professional well-written document. 

Does Spangrud & Associates offer grant writing training?

Yes, we offer grant writing training which is customized to individual client requests. 

How much does Spangrud and Associates charge for their services?

$140.00 per hour for all services.

Preferred customer rates are available for extended contracts. 

For additional pricing information please contact Linda B. Spangrud or Tom Spangrud at (251) 955-6039 or send us an email through our contact page

What do some of the grant writing acronyms mean?

The world of grant writing is filled with acronyms. Here are some common ones: LEA (local education agency, e.g. school district); SEA (state education agency), IHE (institution of higher education, e.g. college/university); RFP (request for proposals); RFA (request for funding assistance); SGA (solicitation for grant assistance); NOFA (notice of funding availability); HUD (Dept. of Housing and Urban Development); CDBG (Community Development Block Grant Program); CSBG (Community Services Block Grant Program); EDA (Economic Development Administration); EDR (Economic Development Representative); EPA (Environmental Protection Agency); DHHS (Department of Health and Human Services); SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration); GFA (Guidance for Applicants); PA (Program Announcement); OJJDP (Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention; COPS (Community Oriented Police Services); CBO (community-based organization); FBO (faith-based organization); FY (fiscal year); UPARR (Urban Parks and Recreation Recovery) and on and on.